Stream

Started by Dune, January 26, 2021, 02:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

An experiment again, using Daniil's erosion shader in river mode. All in one layer, so next might be to do an extra water layer and see what that does. I started doing a PT render, but after 2.5 hours it slowed down to an absolute crawl over the water (without even RT reflections), so this is standard (50mins).

Hannes

Amazing!! Too bad about the long rendertimes in PT. The plants would look even better I guess.

mhaze

zaxxon

That's pretty inspiring Ulco! I hope you continue to refine this technique.

DocCharly65

Dune

Continuing my experiments, but now with a warped SSS, to be able to warp the foam with it. No water shader used, all one layer. Not perfect at all, just experiments.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 30, 2021, 02:13:36 AMContinuing my experiments, but now with a warped SSS, to be able to warp the foam with it. No water shader used, all one layer. Not perfect at all, just experiments.
An interesting effect for sure! Unless you investigate closely, it sure looks like a stream! Great job.

Kadri

Nice tests Ulco. There could be a good picture made from the last one maybe.

Dune

Yeah, these are a bit strange, but I intend to make it more real. The hard part is to get the fake stones in the water, without the foam/water colors on their sides. A pop of rocks would be a lot easier.

mhaze

Great for more distant scenes. The lack of banks I find disturbing.

Dune

More experimenting. The gif is reflective, no reflective and with additional waves.

Hannes

So cool!!! The reflective one looks best to me. Maybe a little bit of the waves, but not as much as in the wavy one. Just my taste...

Stormlord

Yes indeed Hannes, the reflective looks best!

STORMLORD

Dune

Yes, I know, but the reflective takes 25mins, and the non-reflective 6 mins.