Power Automate Desktop coming for free

Started by WAS, March 02, 2021, 03:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Power Automate Desktop coming for us all for free. There is a lot this can do. For example setting up macros for processing files with various programs. I wonder if I can detect when TGs temp tiffs are complete to automate some TG stuff. 

https://techcrunch.com/2021/03/02/microsofts-power-automate-desktop-is-now-free-for-all-windows-10-users/ ;)

Kadri

Could something like open the taskbar and changing the Affinity of Terragen made easily with this Jordan? Sometimes using 1-4 cores less and sometimes all etc.
While rendering, like now, for more then 1 month it is annoying to change it while you are browsing, gaming and then leaving all cores to Terragen all the time.
I suspect it can do much more then this but this kind of basic thing would be enough.
I didn't though about this before (except searching for Affinity automation) but would be nice to have something like this.

WAS

I'm not positive but that is definitely something that would be greatly beneficiary for even myself. I'm often having to use my computer, and render at the same time, so I usually set TG to 10 cores instead of 12. This helps a lot leaving two cores to TG, but when I'm done using my PC, or asleep, I can't just set it to 12 cores again while a render is active.

Even this trick for me isn't the best because windows manages cores/threads, and I think often I get the tail end for working and get hyper threads rather than any physical cores, cause things are still painfully slow.

Kadri

I had a quick look but i think it is more suited for you ;) If you got it to work would be great.

Kadri

I had a look at 2 macro recorders. One was "Mini Mouse Macro".
Could record some of the activity but not all. Looks close but not sure if it can do what i want.

Kadri

I got mini Mouse Macro and Macro recorder to work. They wanted administrator rights to work with Taskmanager.
But i can't say that this is an elegant solution. As i got them to work now at least. You watch them as they do the same you did.
So not fast and clean. Maybe when the macros are a bit cleaned or all the actions are with keyboard shortcuts it could be better.
There are quite a lot other macro programs that might be better. Jordan, joke aside you could make this work better i think.

WAS

I haven't heard of that one. I'm going to check it out now.