New fleet

Started by sboerner, March 11, 2021, 01:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sboerner

I've been working on a fleet of early 19th-century canal boats to use for the rest of my scenes. This is a good start - two freighters, a scow, and a packet - but there are others I want to do as time goes by. Beam is 12-14 feet, length varies between 60-80 feet. These boats are all based on wrecks recently discovered on the floor of New York's Seneca Lake, which was (and still is) connected to the canal system.

WAS

Wow these are lovely. Great attention to detail of the era. I really need to learn to model before I'm 40 lol 😂 that's 8 years! Better get at it.

Dune

Terrific vessels! I'm curious what you'll use them for.

mhaze

Hannes

DocCharly65

sboerner

Thanks, everyone. Here's another one. Working on a test scene incorporating some of these models, which I hope to post soon.

WAS

Ah yes, nothing beats fishing and polishing of two jugs of hooch.

Dune

Terrific. The pottery stands out, wonderful! One thing; it looks like the plank texture in the boat center needs to be rotated 90ยบ.

mhaze

The man in the rowboat is brilliant.

sboerner

Thanks everyone. (I'll take a look at that texture, Ulco, good catch.)

Here is a quick (for me, just a few days) test scene that includes a couple of the new boats with a previous model of a Durham boat (right foreground) for comparison. There's more that can be done but I'm going to leave it here. Just wanted to see how the new models looked in an actual scene, and also to try a few things.

Dune

DocCharly65