Madison Lake

Started by Gannaingh, March 14, 2021, 03:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

One of the things that I have always felt needed improving in my alpine scenes was the quality and variety of the tree models. To help remedy that I purchased some new trees and finally got them into a distribution that feels natural. The terrain generation is based on an alpine fractal and a simple shape to carve out the lake with erosion and tree masks created in World Machine. Thanks for taking a look.

mhaze

Jo Kariboo

Very impressive once again. Beautiful effect of depth in the image and very realistic !

WAS

Wow! Looks great! What tree pack is this? The firs look very natural, and love the dead snags.

Gannaingh

Thank you, everybody!

WAS, I'll PM you a link to the trees. It's not a secret, I just don't want do some public advertising for the models.

Hannes

Beautiful! And the trees look indeed fantastic.

DocCharly65

Agree with all others. Just everything looks fantastic!

sboerner

Wonderful – the tree mix and distribution looks very natural. I'd say you've achieved your goal.

Stormlord

Very good scenery, excellent!

STORMLORD

pixelpusher636

Nice job! Very convincing, your vegetation and tree distributions are impeccable.
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

pixelpusher636

Although I might have many questions, I'm only going to pester you with one. The fallen dead trees. Are they PBR , model??
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

cocateho26

You always do the best/most natural mountain scenes. Beautiful once again!