New people again, with issues

Started by Dune, March 21, 2021, 02:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Some people I recently made (2 early medieval, one Roman turfcutter), but the shading needs some work. I noticed that however fine the mesh, and smooth calculation of normals in Poseray, I still get some hard triangular edges of shadow here and there.
The dirt on the guys' trousers is a bit too much too, he looks like half statue. And the turfcutter handle has the wrong texture direction.
And a Roman scene, PT render.

WAS

They still look good. I see the grain merchants taxes are due...

mhaze

Yeah, they still look good. Probably good enough. You have to stop somewhere otherwise time you spend on them becomes to costly!

Dune

sboerner

Nice attention to the construction work and ground surface as well (including the horse apples). Figures and clothing are nice as usual. You must have enough to populate an entire village by now.

DocCharly65

Great! I am fascinated of the ground with the little gravel and the worn pavement!

Dune

That's just an image map, masked by simple shape, partially covered by a fake stone and small displacement ground.

Jo Kariboo

Very beautiful scene. I also like all the attention given to detail on the ground. The characters as well as the costumes are very well made.