First set of trees up on turbo squid take a look!!

Started by lightning, April 30, 2008, 12:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

i have just posted my first set of trees up on turbo squid take a look!
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds-english-oak-trees-2/401535
priced at $10 for two high quality english oak trees.

will probably not be on turbo squid for long since they take 50% of you profit ::)
will probably go onto this site
http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/
thanks to gregsandor ;D

remember i will still post freebeis i am making a pack of seaweed at the moment :)

oh and here is my company logo please rate

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

Nice logo and congrats on getting your stuff up for purchase. Let us know how it goes for you. I'm quite curious to see what the potential for success is here. :)

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

peejay

ok Jack,

congratulations, I hope this works out for you.

going to be hyper critical now 'cos you're into the commercial world and it just comes with the territory  ;)

The Logo:
The sub line of text in your logo really doesn't want to be all upper case, especially if it's a slightly 'fancy' font. Consider using upper and lower case, it's more natural and easier to read - maybe (only maybe) a more standard text font in the sub line (experiment with your main font and a couple of others), and possibly look for a way to make the line length of your header and sub line the same?
The tree in the logo seems a tad too big - not much, but could do with coming down in size a smidgeon. (You're probably wanting the logo to show off the quality of the trees. Understandable, but it can't so don't bother, let the product speak for itself, your logo merely identifies you.)

The trees:
Look excellent, as we've come to expect from you, especially like the close up preview. The only tiny crit might be that the two versions are very very similar. (If this was deliberate - ignore me  :) )

all in all, a great start

edit
I'm downloading now, definitely consider another vendor - man is turbosquid slo-o-o-o-ow!
adamans rebellis quod iustus nos

rcallicotte

I disagree with peejay about the logo font.  A logo tends to have more liberty for art.  The tree looks fine as well. 

Of course, you need to go with what you like and let it be.  Remember Aesop's fable about the boy, the dad, and the donkey?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bertrand

Lightning: You should consider selling here: www.digitalelements.be
They don't take any commission at all!
Also, you should sell your models as .obj too for maximum compatibility with a range of apps (including Blender).

lightning

Quote from: bertrand on May 02, 2008, 05:29:44 AM
Lightning: You should consider selling here: www.digitalelements.be
They don't take any commission at all!
Also, you should sell your models as .obj too for maximum compatibility with a range of apps (including Blender).
i have 6 formats!! terragen lightwave 3ds cinema 4d obj and vues .vob format but i cant upload anymore than 3 types because it always says i have exceeded my 171mb limit i contacted turbosquid but there f**king useless man im pissed right now >:(

thanks for the link anyway mate will have a nosey

bertrand

You should. Anyway, nothing prevents you from putting your files on several website. Whatever you sell there goes straight to the bottom line. And they're very unfussy as far as the upload process is concerned. (I'm not involved with the site, I just have a few models and textures there and I've sold quite a few).

lightning

bertrand thanks heaps dude this site is great will upload models her i think!

bertrand

No problem. Looking forward to it. Always on the lookout for good trees, also for non-Terragen work, and yours are very good. Keep it up!

lightning

jesus it uploads quik im uploading about 5omb in 20 miniutes thats lightspeed where i live!!!!
thanks again mate a realy amazing site

lightning

I will be posting at digital elements from now on nearly finished uploading my english oak trees
the formats are
wavefront
cinema 4d
terragen 2
lightwave
3ds

and i am currently uploading the vue version of this take a look!
http://www.digitalelements.be/web/viewAsset?assetId=514