Old Miller Road

Started by pixelpusher636, May 12, 2021, 02:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelpusher636

The clouds are a bit ridicules here but I had fun with this one.
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

They're pretty nice, these clouds. But it's a pity the path lies in shadow and is so flat. If it's a simple shape based path, make 2 more like ruts and apply some displacement.

pixelpusher636

Quote from: Dune on May 13, 2021, 03:12:01 AMThey're pretty nice, these clouds. But it's a pity the path lies in shadow and is so flat. If it's a simple shape based path, make 2 more like ruts and apply some displacement.
I'd completely forgotten about this post. It was posted in haste in a busy moment and I forgot. Glad you didn't think the clouds were too much. They sure did darken the scene from its original version. This old neglected driveway was created by SSS so I guess adding two more to it would created roadside ditches?

WAS

Or you could use one super soft SSS and use it to define all your pieces.

pixelpusher636

Quote from: WAS on May 25, 2021, 03:46:47 PMI put up an example project to dissect: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,29247.new.html
Thanks WAS! By the way, you nailed it with one SSS?! Fantastic. I can't wait to have a look see at those settings.

sboerner

Those clouds are terrific, by the way. Where I come from, we see clouds like that all the time. (And windmills.)