Indie Music Composition

Started by PabloMack, May 14, 2021, 02:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

I just joined SoundCloud as an experiment. Before I became interested in TG (2003), I got into composing music with Soft Synths and it was a very enjoyable and eye-opening experience. The next year I got into Lightwave and, for me, TG came several years after that. The reasons were pretty much the same as why I got into CG and that is because I had ideas for writing/making science fiction movies. Most SciFi should be reclassified as Horror or Fantasy. What interests me in SciFi is reality (not the kind on Reality TV but what is real). But a lot of stories can't be told as non-fiction (the other of my two favorite genres) because of elements that are beyond reach (such as time travel). So here is a small piece I created with Cakewalk Creator and a synth that I no longer use because it can't be installed in later versions of Windows. It ran on Windows NT 4.0. Tell me what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/user-675230971/karoo-intrigue

Dune

It's amazing what you can do with software like that, where you formerly needed a whole orchestra (with people doing what you tell them to do). It sounds varied and interesting, though I must admit it's not my kind of music. But it would suit a movie, I think.

WAS

Very great work! This reminds me of Xena, and Hercules type of music. Inquisitive, mysterious, and action. Great work!

Jo Kariboo

Beautiful orchestration, indeed this approach to music is ideal for film and TV images.!