First Render In a LONG time ;) - Above the clouds (WIP) ***Update 1***

Started by zionner, December 09, 2007, 06:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey all,

This is my first render in a while, and its my first go at a render like this one, I am not nearly happy/finished with the Lighting, Background clouds and texturing on the Hill Peak, however I thought I would show you guys how it's getting along:

Enjoy and C&C Welcome as always

Edit: Also Note the detail is set to 0.5, and that the Atmosphere samples are only at default (16), Also my main focus is on the front clouds, though i will do work on the other sections

rcallicotte

Backlighting is always the hardest, with TG2 anyway.  Atmospheric settings, including cloud quality settings seem to need attention.

It's been a while, hasn't it?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

those lines in the clouds are due to acceleration cache....I like the shape of terrain...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

zionner

I will be using the slower version of the cache for the final render, for now I need to work on the lighting before take the details up,

That render took just over an hour to do.

green_meklar

As with many clouds I've seen, these clouds would benefit from being less rough and bumpy. Your terrain is nice though. :)
You know what's worse than not being able to do anything right or make anything good? Not being able to blame it on anyone but yourself.

zionner

Ok, I am much happier with this Version

I have Slightly changed the lighting in the picture, and i've changed the acceleration cache.

The render is still relitively low for now...0.5 Detail

Here it is! Enjoy!

And as always C&C Welcome

rcallicotte

overlordchuck

The clouds are very nice.  Poofy.  Kind of make me think of snow.

zionner

rcallicotte

Set your atmospheric settings like this -

Main - Haze Density - 1
Height Control - Haze Exp Height - 5000
Lighting - Haze Glow Power- .3 and Bluesky Glow Power - .3
Tweaks - Fake Dark Power - .2 and Bluesky Density Colour - 1.33
Quality - Number of Samples - from 32 to 64

That's a start to clear it up a bit and then you can play around with what works for you.