Crater Lake

Started by pixelpusher636, May 29, 2021, 08:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelpusher636

Initial render of Crater Lake Oregon. Keeping veg out of the water would have been a bit more challenging had I not watched the new Planetside tutorials VFX. I learned some interesting new ways to mask terrain and it really helped out here. 

Thanks for viewing!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

You're well on your way! Looks good.

pixelpusher636

Thanks everyone! And Dune, I tried all the moves you showed me with vegetation [trees in this case] and transform input (world space) power fractal etc. to brighten up but at this altitude I was unsuccessful as you can see by the dark sticks on the foreground. Faking it from this altitude seemed to work and the trees sort of look dead which is accurate. 

Thanks again guys!

pixelpusher636

Upgraded my terrain with some newer data, much higher resolution now. In an attempt to be frugal with data size, I had too much of the terrain cropped out in the first image. This led to more reworking, cropping larger section out etc.

Now of course the clouds had the perfect seed before non obstructing to the view need some masking [additional camera with distance shader?] but this is off to being a better end result.

If you are viewing, thanks for taking the time. Constructive criticism is welcome.