Beauty in Desolation

Started by Lady of the Lake, June 03, 2021, 02:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

A year of near isolation because of Covid and the death of my son on Jan.1st has left me "depleted".  

So now I am trying to remember all I thought I knew about the program.  To new beginnings.  Thanks for looking.

Nala1977

im really sorry to hear that, hope you will feel better even tho that is quite brutal :(

WAS

I can't even imagine that. I am so sorry to hear this. I sure hope things get better. These have been the worse years I've ever remembered, and it's so common with other people too.

That is quite a profound image considering what you have been through in my opinion. I also really like how the straight sheer displacement actually works well in this scene for the most part. It gives it a very moody look coupled with the lighting. Great job.

Jo Kariboo

You have all my sympathies to you and your family. Hope you all get better in the weeks to come.

I like this type of work in the field, very original.

Kadri

I am really sorry to hear that, can't think of anything to say more then this :( ...

Last year was really one of the worst for many.

Nice image and the structures look interesting.

sboerner

Condolences to you and your family. An unbearable loss.

It looks like you have remembered quite a bit about the program. New beginnings -- please keep posting.

masonspappy

Really sorry to hear about  your son.  But glad you are back in the forum!

Dune

One of the worst things that could happen to a mother (and father); losing your child. And that in the midst of a really bad period. I sympathize with you and hope you manage life again! Friends of ours experienced the same, she even wrote a book about her experience, but the loss is forever.

I too like the rock structures. Keep at it!

Lady of the Lake

Thanks everyone.  Really appreciate your replies. 

Next image will have more "light".

mhaze

Really sorry to hear about  your son. I can't imagine what that is like but nice to see still creating. Love those rocks!

sjefen

Quote from: Dune on June 04, 2021, 02:10:28 AMOne of the worst things that could happen to a mother (and father); losing your child.

I agree. This really hurt my soul to hear. I'm so sorry for your loss.
The render looks great and I'm glad you're back in the forums.

Best regards,
Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

DocCharly65

I was very sorry to read what happend. I wish you lots of strength. You shouldn't forget, but in time you should be able to leave the pain behind you.

Lady of the Lake

Thanks everyone.  Appreciated.