Terragen in The Golden Compass

Started by Moose, December 12, 2007, 05:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Cool!  Yeah, I remember thinking how that view was awesome on the cliff.  So fantastic.  That battle...I'll need to see that scene again.  I was sort of distracted.   :P

I checked at IMDB and saw how many companies were involved.  Can you tell us which company you are with?  DD?

Quote from: JimB on December 12, 2007, 02:06:19 PM
No, not at all. Only the snow scenes surrounding the camp in the arctic where the big battle happens, and the big tilt down where the two guys fall of the cliff (which also had some TG2 elements). It was a massive show for VFX with a number of companies working on it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

JimB

I'm a gun-for-hire, but I did the Compass work for Rainmaker.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

rcallicotte

Cool.  Thanks, Jim.

It was nice of you to let us know you're on the inside.  Of course, it's always prettier from the outside, but I imagine you've seen some cool stuff.  It'll be fun finding out.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mandrake

Quote from: red_planet on December 12, 2007, 07:24:39 AM
Thanks Jim,

Nice to have suspicions confirmed..it was nagging at me (in a nice way) all through the film....film's a good romp and in places looks stunning, but the "hollywoodisation" has removed a lot of the original book's power.(imho !)

Rgds

Chris
Well that was a given Chris, He's such a radical atheist that Hollywood never would have let that fly. I just hope this movie does not spur book sales.