Skyboat.

Started by masonspappy, July 01, 2021, 09:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

So I realize this animation is rough, choppy and could be done better in places.  But I was so happy  that I had  finally figured out how to spin the propellers on my skyboat model that I added various test animation clips together into sort of a video. It's basically two little boys sailing their imaginary skyboat.
Models built in Blender. Animation, landscape and cloudscapes are Terragen 4.5.1
I know there are later versions of Terragen but I'm still on the fence about upgrading.

https://youtu.be/dW9Fm5Ii9U0

DocCharly65

Some really great and moody passages in the film :)
Nice music choice.
Especially the scene with the planet at the horizon could be the part of a pixar or disney reboot of a new version of neverending story :)

What was your choice for the animation of the spinning propellers? Seperate them from the model, center and rotate in TG or an object sequence exported from Blender?

Dune

Very cool! A boy's dream, it's wonderful.

masonspappy

Thanks guys!
@DocCharly65, I separated  the propellers from the boat, then centered and rotated in TG.  Couple of times I didn't set up the coordinates correctly and then realized one or both of the propellers were flying off in a totally different direction than the boat. 

The music is by "The Intangible" - I'm a fan of his works and I though this passage was well suited for the video.

@ Dune - yep, it's a boys dream. An old man's dream too!  :)

DocCharly65

Top job! 
And I know how hard it is. Guess why my Enterprise NEVER flies any curve - only straight ;D  
I could not find any easy solution for the 20-30 light sources to keep a relative position. I guess it's as hard with the axis of a propeller.

Kadri

Sweet. Animating is fun especially if it was fast all the time :)