The Expanse show

Started by Ariel DK, July 02, 2021, 08:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel DK

As i was little far from everything related with 3D art lately, im spent my free time seeing some series, and i found The Expanse. What a found. Is anybody else seeing this realistic sci-fi show? Everything was really well done, specially season 2 and 3, if anybody want to take a look, is in Amazon prime, and of course i highly recomend it!!
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

billhd

Hey there...I had known about it, and watched it after a friend prodded me.  Then I watched it all over again.  Need I say it was superb with good acting, many holy s**t moments, and much attention to proper physics.  Then I bought the book series, but have not read yet.  Cheers. Bill

Kevin Kipper

I would also recommend reading or listening to the audio books for "The Expanse".  They're really good, and it's interesting to see how the series has been adapted for television.

Nala1977

i loved this show, so much, the amount of hate i have on this show is equal to the love tho, i couldnt bare the ending and the fact that it appears no one can actually write a good ending to tv shows, every tv series ending is rushed, bad written and not explained neither rewarding in terms of plots.

it really boggles me how 9 out of 10 tv series have a bad finale that is not really closing the whole story.. its really a shame, its like game of thrones finale where they wrap up countless characters backgrounds and plots in 30 minutes closing them in the worse and most rushed possible way.

Ariel DK

@Kevin Kipper  As a non-native english speaker, for some reason I find it difficult to read long books in a language other than spanish.
Not boring, just stressful for long periods.

@Nala1977  Yeah is understandable, but i not agree at all, at least not with the comparission. The production had to deal with the fact that the series get canceled again, or finish him in 6 chapters, and having that context, they did a very well job. The final season has some lack of development, but it doesnt need it at all, it fells more like a loong 3rd act than a season itself. Not to mention they found space to introduce the Laconian arch, opening the doors for the future of the show, if someone decide to take it again.
GOTs in the other hand, yeah it was disgusting, 100% agree there...

WAS

Quote from: Ariel DK on July 02, 2021, 08:37:15 PMAs i was little far from everything related with 3D art lately, im spent my free time seeing some series, and i found The Expanse. What a found. Is anybody else seeing this realistic sci-fi show? Everything was really well done, specially season 2 and 3, if anybody want to take a look, is in Amazon prime, and of course i highly recomend it!!

It's one of my favourite shows. I love how they did the space scenes. It's a shame it's ending, but I hear they may be doing spin-offs off some more content not featured in the show.

Ariel DK

Quote from: WAS on July 26, 2022, 01:10:12 PM...I love how they did the space scenes...
You probably mean... space combat scenes  8)