Enhance!

Started by René, July 15, 2021, 11:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Thats pretty amazing. I saw nvidia was doing something similar last year or something. Wonder when stuff like this will be available in something.

digitalguru

It would be great to see something like this in a render denoiser.

WAS

Quote from: digitalguru on July 15, 2021, 05:59:08 PMIt would be great to see something like this in a render denoiser.

Totally. Would love that. I hope Terragen gets a denoiser for it's PT. It just makes things easier, especially when you're limited in your graphical manipulation suite, and on outdated software with poor results for denoising. I can't justify subscriptions to all these places, and clearly they're trying to gatekeep access to only firms and the well off.

Dune

Indeed, would be very handy. Render at 800x600 and sell for museum wall at 80000x60000 ;D  Cool new developments keep amazing me.

René

Quote from: Dune on July 16, 2021, 01:31:22 AMIndeed, would be very handy. Render at 800x600 and sell for museum wall at 80000x60000 ;D  Cool new developments keep amazing me.
Yeah that would be something! ;D

René

A denoiser for Terragen would be welcome, if only for the clouds. If you look closely at the images you can see some discrepancies with the reference, for example in the panther the spots are not quite the same. It looks like the software is fabricating some detail. For clouds that would not be a problem it seems to me.

PabloMack

Denoising for a still is one thing. For video I would think is quite another because detail becomes noise when it is not consistent across time.

WAS

Quote from: PabloMack on July 16, 2021, 05:46:13 PMDenoising for a still is one thing. For video I would think is quite another because detail becomes noise when it is not consistent across time.

It would be fine if you didn't use motion blur, and did it in post, as that noticable motion that isn't more panning would br augmented. Additionally you could then add back uniform noise, not heavy noise in shadows, nearly none in highlights, etc. Still beneficial imo.