The Waiting-Fleet-Files

Started by DocCharly65, March 15, 2021, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

no end in sight -- here is another one:

as I told under Image Sharing ... more Rip Van Winkle Models :)
I think Sarah Hall from Call of Duty Black Ops 3 by Rip Van Winkle on Renderhub looks a lot like the female Starbuck aka Kara Thrace in the newer Galactica TV series from 2004-2009.

And yes you have seen right ... there IS Wrex from Mass Effect in the animation ;D

The limitations as so often: only directly merged animation frames with Microsoft Moviemaker... But still everything rendered 100% with TG and no postwork :)

WAS

Really love this work, Doc! It's always so great.

I only have one C&C, and it's really just about Terragen. Boy-oh-boy do we need better lens burst effects. Different sided stars (for example for realistic space scenes 4 sided star burst effect would be more accurate aligned top-to-bottom, left-to-right), as well as effects like just linear flares seen in a lot of scenes like this (like Star Trek 2009)

Dune

That look in her eyes! Fantastic. Like the guy has eaten a lot of garlic :P

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on July 31, 2021, 01:47:39 AMThat look in her eyes! Fantastic. Like the guy has eaten a lot of garlic :P

;D ;D ;D Indeed - I didn't think about that - but you're right. I was only a little proud of my "eyes-work" against that stare of most original models.

Quote from: WAS on July 30, 2021, 01:05:12 PMBoy-oh-boy do we need better lens burst effects.

Sometimes I agree with you, Jordan. It would be quite cool. But on the other side it keeps me a bit on the ground to be limited to what we have. I still only use a maximum of 1-2% of TGs potential regardless of the fact that I neglect the landscaping far too much.  :-[ ::)

Dune

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 03, 2021, 12:28:10 AMI neglect the landscaping far too much
Well; equip one of the rooms in the spaceship with a replica of Earth landscape, a retreat for overworked aeronauts, so they can sit and ponder by a 'stream'. Of course glimpses of riveted steel should be visible in the 'sky'.