People with AMD OEM rigs, please read

Started by WAS, July 27, 2021, 07:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Does anyone have AMD prebuilt machines? Have you never overclocked your CPU, and never installed Ryzen Master Utility to even do so?

If so, can you check your event viewer for Service Control Manager Errors that state the following:

Quote from: undefinedThe AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error:

The system cannot find the path specified.

Apparently this only happens when Ryzen Master Utility has been installed (and removed such as by deletion without uninstalling). And according to AMD, and most OEM distributors, when you install this, your warranty is void! So It's weird that my system keeps trying to load a service for this utility when it hasn't been used. And if it has been installed (which there are records for), my system is not covered under it's warranty, but their own doing seemingly.

Wondering if this is common issue. And it may explain why I have been having such a problem with a brand new CPU with kernel power faults, and never reaching rated boost speeds, or even close, etc, etc.

Dune

Can't you switch the service off manually and prevent it from starting again by some config.sys change?

WAS

Oh yeah, and I deleted the service trying to run the program. But should never have been even on this system.