.NET install failure

Started by Dune, July 28, 2021, 02:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I've come to the end of my search, and bow my head in resignation. Very frustrated, so I hope one of you guys can help me out, once again.
I'm trying to install .NET Framework 4.7.2 (ndp472-kb4054531-web.exe), but it fails after 3/4 of the install. It seems to hesitate, retry a few times, but then stops, with this log message:

A big row of lines that did succeed..... last lines:
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
Exe (H:\e8075b0a024a4321ae\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x800B0109), "A certificate chain has been processed, but the chain ended with a root certificate that is not trusted by the trust list provider." (Elapsed time: 0 00:02:42).

I can't find any solution to this >:( :(  So any ideas are very welcome. Win7, btw.

KlausK

You don`t say what you tried so far so here are two possible solutions which came up when I googled
"Installation failed with error code: (0x800B0109)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl5k9345PeU

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47176239/a-certificate-chain-could-not-be-built-to-a-trusted-root-authority/60812129#60812129

hope that helps if you haven`t done that already.

CHeers, Klaus

Attached is the certificate.
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

How come you know so much about this technical stuff? Do you work in that business? I found a lot of articles and solutions, but nothing worked, but I didn't find this one. This should be the solution, and if it fails again, I'll try this. Thanks very much!!

But in the meantime (yesterday) I've done a clean win 10 install over my win 7 (and wiped all apps). Installing most again freshly now, so we'll see if it works now. I'll let you know.

EDIT: No problem in win 10! But I learned something again.