Interior work on a repurposed Star Wars Corvette

Started by DocCharly65, July 29, 2021, 07:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

The first frame of the meanwhile started animation render.

I integrated some more stuff, what shall show, how Rey decorated the Corvette bridge with all the things and plants she collected. (of course just as a cliché - women are tougher than you think :) )
There is a new person in the background pushing one box. Additionally I animated all the little blinking buttons and lights and there'll be some raw animated stuff on the monitors.

All plants are from my XFrog collection of houseplants. I don't know why, but I like these wickerwork pots, which many other people hate ;D

The file is upscaled from 1280 x 720  to  1920 x 1080 and sharpened 50% with XNView - no other postwork.

temp.0001.jpg

Time to open the associated animation topic soon :)
There'll be some different POVs  of the two persons arguing and I think some closer shots of the chairs.

Here just a very early and raw version of the rear part of the bridge. It still has to be filled with stuff but I wanted to get an imagination of the lights settings.
The basic set is the same bridge as before:

210808_1402.jpg

Dune

The ship is getting very homely like this. It just needs an open fireplace, and smoke filling the room ;)

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on August 10, 2021, 02:22:58 AMThe ship is getting very homely like this. It just needs an open fireplace, and smoke filling the room

Nice idea, Ulco :)
The smoke would be a little exaggerated and would cost a lot of rendering time. ;D ;D

But I did what I could and examined my whole meanwhile almost 10 years old model archive to give the rear view the look as if it was furnished by a young female rebel interested in retro technology and retro furniture ;)

Testrender of the animations first frame:

210811_2245_temp.0001.jpg

The last frame with a larger overview:

210811_1237_temp.0132.jpg

Both animations are rendering. Now I have to add some similar POVs because it's a small conversation - Rey talks - Ackbar talks - she answers - he answers... 
Alway with the rear view of the one who talks, because I can't do lipsync in TG ;)  The emotions must be seen via gesture (Mixamo)

Additionaly I think there'll be a few close-ups of some of these really unsuitable seatings for a spaceship... or other furniture and stuff lying around ;D

The plants are my loved XFrog houseplant as usual.
Some furniture I found on Turbosquid for free:
Angelo Cappellini Chest by Kupfer
Chinese cabinet & closet by BraZ
Commode Kristbjorg by RadionovAS1
Chair with Pillows Free 3D model by ZB-Vision
Panton Chair Free 3D by alfertosedano

Dune

So, what's in the boxes the guy is looking at? Maybe some creature staring out, or moving it slightly....

I can imagine smoke would cost another year of production time :P   Though I just did a forest fire, and even in PT it came out rather fast. But that's a still.

DocCharly65

;D ;D
I must already have a terrible reputation, Ulco - sometimes a box is just a box ;D
My intention was just that it's a box of new things, Rey has collected for decorating the bridge, and the man is a little surprised that it is just lying around there untidily.

So but for today I guess here are the last new stills of the scene. If I have luck, 6-7 single animations should be enough to show the little argument between Admiral Ackbar and Rey.
I'll loosen up the whole thing with one or more still lifes and perhaps a view from outside - also a trick to avoid lip synchronization ;)

The still lifes first and last frame:

210815_0111_temp.0001.jpg  210815_0434_temp.0150.jpg

Some new 3D model stuff:
3D model Game Boy by CasperBjorklund
Compact cassette by too3D
Commodore 64 by JosiphHR
Vintage telephone Free low-poly 3D model by mvrc-art (smoothed with Poseray)
I think the coffee mug was from archive3d.net - I forgot the name of the artist... sorry

Dune

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 15, 2021, 11:04:31 AMalso a trick to avoid lip synchronization
Maybe they could wear mouth masks, due to a local Corona outbreak :P

Great to have these old phones!

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on August 16, 2021, 01:55:48 AMMaybe they could wear mouth masks, due to a local Corona outbreak :P
There'll be a scene with and about corona and mouth masks in the infirmary of the Enterprise... one day... ;D

I've already finished some Blender3D tests and animated some models in MIXAMO. But these days I first want to concentrate on the scene with the spaceships before while and after the fleets departure. Meanwhile I decided to add a little side story to every starting space ship - at least if I can get or create good character models. The interior of the voyager with the kids will surely be integrated and the starting Klingons will get a scene with the Klingon bridge too.