Interior work on a repurposed Star Wars Corvette

Started by DocCharly65, July 29, 2021, 07:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

...while waiting for the start of the allied fleet, Admiral Ackbar tore out the entire interior and wants to modernize it ...

(All the buttons, knobs, gadgets, and stuff like that is still missing ...)

210728_2024.jpg

But Ackbar was shopping to night... One thing he NEVER wants to see again is:

Admiral_Ackbar_TLJ.jpg

...the dreadful seat in which he kept getting sick ...

So - last night - he was shopping... 

210729_1252.jpg

::) ;) ;D

Dune

Stormlord

Recaro Warp... hahahahaha...

Looks like those backseat seat for childrens in cars. But the model is still fine and looks good. So thumbs up for all these gauges, switches and nobs...
(LOL...)

STORMLORD

WAS

Lol! These are great. I feel the cargo box needs a hand-written "it's not a trap" instead of "it's a trap" lol

DocCharly65

Thanks all :)

Just some credits for the models used so far:

The idea of the Recaro Warp spaceship pilots seat is done with:
Recaro Pro Racer SPG Bucket Seat by mdnssdesign on CGtrader
TMP era Star Trek Warp Nacelle by Admiral-Kwars on CGtrader

The ships interior construction is done with a model kit set:
modular spaceship interior by mohsen-alone-e on CGtrader
I put the elements together in Blender and the Blender-file is 3,5 GB of model elements so far  ??? ::)
But there won't change much any more. I exported groups of walls, windows, ceiling and floor so I got easy to handle objects in TG.

The comuter consoles will be upgaded later with the told gauges, switches and nobs.
In the test render I only set up the general placement of all.
Sc-Fi Computer Console Kit by rickknox3don on CGtrader

Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars The Force Unlimited by Rip Van Winkle on Renderhub.

Rip Van Winkles models will appear more often in future... Great models for free and great quality.

I have planned the story within the StarWars Corvette somehow like this:
Ackbar throws out all the old chairs from the bridge and wants to replace them by his favorite "RECARO WARP" Pilot seat...
Rey from Star Wars VII The (Farce - uups sorry... ) Force Awakens Rey scolds him violently because she she had gathered up all the old seats weary from all the downed Imperial Star Destroyers ...
Rey will be another nice model from Rip Van Winkle but first I must exchange the body and give her some clothes -- the original model is nude ;D ;D

DocCharly65

Just some impressions of the models:

BlenderRenderTest_210727_0956.jpg   BlenderRenderTest_210727_1711.jpg
modular-spaceship-interior-3d-model-low-poly-max-bip-obj-mtl-fbx.jpg   sc-fi-computer-console-kit-3d-model-low-poly-fbx-tga.jpg

Here Rey with an adaequat body.
I used Jesse Faden (Expedition) from Control (also by Rip Van Winkle :) )
This is only an image export from Poseray:

Rey_mit_Body_von_Jesse.jpg

The animations will be done with MIXAMO later.

mhaze

WAS

Rey turned out perfect, actually. Can't even tell it was a base from Control imo.

Dune

Great stuff again. Your nevereverending story is getting more complex by the day!

DocCharly65

Thanks all :)

Jordan, it's only the body based on the "Control-Jesse". The head is the original Rey-head by Rip Van Winkle. I didn't want to use the really complete nude Rey model... ;D
Besides... Time to try out Control... some Let's plays on YouTube looked great. But deep in my soul I would prefer a remake of Alan Wake or another part ;)

Ulco, in this case the neverending story is in reality the detail work of all the scenes. Cut all together it won't be so long. But meanwhile I can do and I want to have some more little sidestories of all the ships in the fleet while starting. The basic story of the complete film has not changed very much in the last months/years...

Last but not least an update of the Corvette interior.

Some work is waiting for me to animate all that blinking of the thousands of lights.
And instead of more buttons I'll e.g. add some old "vintage" TVs. I have already seperated the necessary parts from a nice 3D model.
Also I collected some different old chairs, which admiral Ackbar wants to exchange with the Recaro Warp seats ;)

This render is without DoF so far but 1920x1080 instead of 1280x720 just for me to see more details and how they work if I perhaps zoom into the scene later.
In the animations the hovering of the Recaro seat will look better because of it's slight movement.

210805_0006.jpg

Besides the work of the waiting fleet goes on with a little scene INSIDE the spacedock, I'll show as an animation-post later...

Dune

That's good to know, Nils. I would very much like to enjoy the whole finished movie during my lifespan! ;D  Btw. your animated characters are getting better by the month.

DocCharly65

I'll do what I can, Ulco ;)
Last week I activated a new Render PC because I still had one last TG license left I never used. Now all 6 licences of the "TG professional package" are in business.
Intel i7-10700K 8X 3.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4, 500 GB SSD 980 M.2 NVMe + 2000 GB HDD, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Works ok so far, TG recognizes all CPU cores and allows 16 threads but I think it was a mistake to spare the Graphic card. TG doesn't fully use the CPU power. CPU usage fluctuates (almost sinusoidally) between 20-100%. Because the XNView graphic program I use on all other PCs shows pics much slower than even on my old i5 PC. I guess it's the onboard graphic.  I don't think that I need a "big" graphic-card, an older Geforce GTX 730/745 or something like that should be enough. If that doesn't help, another thing I will check is the CPU cooler.

But anyway the new machine is approx. 2-3 times faster than the i5 :)

But now the latest update of the Corvette interior. Meanwhile I've reached the limit! From now I can't use PCs with RAM less than 32 GB ;D

I added the last buttons and greebles and 25! monitor screens... and of course  some of the chairs, which Adm. Ackbar wants to exchange with his Recaro "bulk order".
I won't add many more things. Next steps will be checking how I must place and move the camera, that my story works.

210806_0135.jpg

...looking over the render again, I decided to add some old PC screens in typical yellowed computer gray and a couple of external PC speakers especially on the top of the right side console.

Kadri

Looks good Nils.

If i remember right you rendered in the past in half HD.
Do you render now in full HD?

DocCharly65

Thank you Kadri :)

In fact I still keep 99 % of all renders in 1280x720 (720p) and upscale to 1080p with XNView.

But in very seldom cases I do single renders as souvenirs for a kind of "making of" or for easier for easier checking of several scene options.

In also only a view animations with only stars and spaceships with many small windows it was necessary to render even 4 k with high AA to get rid of the windows flickering. Later I scaled them down to equalize the "overall quality". Here's a little example on YT (not listed video):

Not listed video