Nu2 Lupi d

Started by WAS, August 06, 2021, 12:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

A doodle from last night. Star came out too big. Was having issues with atmo bloom and star burst settings and forgot I needed to go even less on the effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu2_Lupi

A world with twice the amount of water than earth.

The gasses around the planet is lost water vapor now in the form of ice crystal. The planet is theorized to be mostly water, either in solid ice form due to pressure, or, because of its proximity to it's host star, in a hot gaseous form in suspension with the atmosphere. I just did a mix of the two. The surface is pretty ice with high albedo areas, with a very gasseous atmosphere.

Kadri

I like it. Looks different without the background stars.

WAS

Star luminosity + the hazes involved was killing render time. I actually forgot to render that separately and composite. Thanks for the reminder. :P :P Voronoi 3D noise stars are much slower than voronoi billow, but produces the best spheroid shapes.

WAS

Kinda have an idea for a closer version actually. What if the star-facing side was gaseous, and the dark side more solid with a cleaner atmosphere? Ideas ideas.  ;D

Dune

I likie it too, the gass and shadow is great. Did you ever try stars with the voronoi 3A vector? Might be faster, don't know.

WAS

Indeed, that's shat I meant by voronoi 3d noise. It's slower than perlin but much cleaner. Using large base noise and a smooth step or clamping you can make the stars sparse, or dense. Much like offset with a PF, but just seems more uniform allowing you to mask it however.

mhaze

WAS

DocCharly65

Cool :) 
Only thing I would change is to use less rounded boulders.

Dune

These look like polyspheres with forced displacement, a mix with rocks might help.

Kadri

Looks nice.

Just the lighting on the rocks looks kinda problematic. Not sure why. As if some rocks are lighted from a different direction or having high luminosity.

WAS

They are rocks, but perhaps too many faces. Unfortunately, using a mesh warper beyond just some accent will produce noticeable repetition. I'll give it a update tomorrow.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on August 10, 2021, 04:11:06 AMJust the lighting on the rocks looks kinda problematic. Not sure why. As if some rocks are lighted from a different direction or having high luminosity.

Actually, not sure what's going on there. ALL rocks should have icy spots, but some have none, strangely, despite scales well under diamaters, and in final position. There is a second sun, otherwise they are just block spots and white spots in the distance, and with the wide angle you'll see point lighting as any one area with light on faces will have it away from faces on opposite sides. I tried using a plane, but it was illuminating the planet surface too weirdly.

WAS

Also I think the rocks are too large and not enough tiny ones in-between???