Turn On the F***ing Truck!!!

Started by Ariel DK, August 09, 2021, 04:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Yes, perhaps you're right and it's changed. I haven't done anything with glass and light lately.

Ariel DK

So, 2 days later, i tryed Gigapixel and Denoise too, i made a few outputs, and finally buy Gigapixel, specially cuz for somebody like me, wich i dont have a powerful 6 or 8 cores processor (i7 3770k 4c/8t), this allow me to render smaller resolution images, in a razonable amount of time, and is even faster if i dont use PT, this make worth the price IMHO
Said all that, here is a final(? render, i feel there is still a few details to improve, let me know what you think guys. The image was refined in PS.
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

DocCharly65

Great results!
I like the first one a bit more, because in my eyes it has a more dramatic look especially with the little overcast of the cars headlights.
Concerning the cars lights it was definitely worth the effort!

So far I only had a little talk with Kadri about Gigapixel AI.
But I already had a short look on their homepage these days. Seems, I'll have to check some trials of them ;)
If I get some free days from office soon I'll have to try especially Video Enhance AI.

WAS

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 16, 2021, 12:35:24 AMSo far I only had a little talk with Kadri about Gigapixel AI.
But I already had a short look on their homepage these days. Seems, I'll have to check some trials of them ;)
If I get some free days from office soon I'll have to try especially Video Enhance AI.

It's worth it imo. One of the best reasons is you can provide feedback on results and help train the AI. The results of course depend on the input, but yeah.

One thing it excels at is straight atmospheric stuff. I was able to upscale a 1080p cloud setup to 6k and do some post, and size down to 3k for a pretty amazing look, and I used crap AA settings and original render was very noisy.

That render can be seen here: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,29298.0.html (Original scale was 1440x603)

For your work, Doc, I think you could benefit from it. If your renders are sufficient size, you could probably double resolution without actually having to render it out.

WAS

Quote from: Ariel DK on August 15, 2021, 07:52:43 PMSo, 2 days later, i tryed Gigapixel and Denoise too, i made a few outputs, and finally buy Gigapixel, specially cuz for somebody like me, wich i dont have a powerful 6 or 8 cores processor (i7 3770k 4c/8t), this allow me to render smaller resolution images, in a razonable amount of time, and is even faster if i dont use PT, this make worth the price IMHO
Said all that, here is a final(? render, i feel there is still a few details to improve, let me know what you think guys. The image was refined in PS.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about these deadlights. I do like it more than the original, but I guess I wasn't imagining modern LED/Halogen lights in that blinding 5600k spectrum. But more that yellowy dimmer bathe of older lights.

However I do think it's still an improvement over no lights.

Dune

I'm in tune with Nils and Jordan; I like the lights, but they're very bright/washed out. And the first 'shape' of the light is better than the second, IMO.

But what is he doing, actually. Sitting on a rug? The idea about why the barrier is there and what he's donig is not entirely clear. Maybe there should also be a sign/board saying that the road is closed due to... say 'police investigations', crime scene, or something vaguely hinting at strange kills or sightings...

Ariel DK

@WAS It looks like some Disney's Renderman clouds right there. Im agree with you about the lights, for the 1st crop of the truck, i was using a subtle warm light. Even before the render finish, i was thinking i took a bad decision, guess this is what art is about. Taking note...
@Dune Is supposed this is in post-apocalyptic zombie world, but i dont hav a natural way to tell that in this image. I was planning some graffitis draw over the cement block, something like "CROSS HERE AND YOU DIE", some chains or extra barriers would also help.
Trunks and concrete block are from Megascans if somebody dont noticed.
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Dune

The grafity is a great idea. You could also project some (PS) painted grafity on the road itself.

Lady of the Lake

I  am a big fan of The Walking Dead...sorry this is the last season.  This is a great image; I like the second one best.  I agree with Dune about "what is he doing on the rug".  Seems like there is food there but what a strange place to have a picnic.  Maybe a fallen tree blocking more of the road, that he is trying to figure out how to move?  

Anyway, it is a super image....send it in to the "Talking Dead".  Maybe they will show it or you will win a prize.  They do that sometimes.  :)