Meadow

Started by aknight0, August 17, 2021, 12:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aknight0

An alpine meadow in springtime.  I've been working on a good meadow composition for a while now, and I think this one is turning out pretty well.  

Meadow_small.jpg

Dune

I really like this! Very nice composition too with the shadow at front. The dry patches of grass and small bald areas are a nice touch. A minor 'crit' would be that the birches are a bit uniform in leaf coverage. A few half dead to break up the 'wall of leaves' would be ncie, IMO.

mhaze

Nicely done - the bare patches make it for me.

masonspappy

Very nice - pleasant and realistic (Like others, the bare patches make it more realistic for me)

WAS

Definitely agree with everyone else. My only critique is some colour variation. Like some dead bits added to the leaves, some differing grass colours signalling soil conditions.

DocCharly65

Agree with all the others.
Great details and great realism and a nice mood.

Stormlord

This is a very nice and beautiful scene!
The colors are great and look natural.
Plenty of blades, flowers, subtle details and overall very convincing.
Thumbs up...

What you could do better is the overall lightning IMO.
It's to dark and the green colors are totally bleeched out. A lively image results from great and lively colors, many variations inside a color spectrum (like green for gras).
If you are willing to work over, add some rocks and stones this scene can become a true contest winner. I would definitely invest more time here...

Lake Tahoe 12 (Cutout).jpg
Lake Tahoe 12 (Cutout)

Lake Tahoe 13.jpg
Lake Tahoe 13

This is an example what I mean... A clean sunny day with bright colours in the greens and the result is somehow lively and pushing.
But it's a question here. Which effect do you want to achive? A a lively or a more naturally look? Your look is very natural (but leaves a dull impression).
So it's just my 50 cent here...

STORMLORD

sboerner

Agree with all the complimentary posts. Subtle scenes like these are not easy. A lot of time spent on this, I'm sure. This type of environment is a very familiar one for us in upstate NY.

QuoteIt's to dark and the green colors are totally bleeched out.
Stormlord, perhaps you should check your display calibration. His color and lighting look fine here.

aknight0

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's always helpful!  I like the idea of some dead or partially dead trees in the back, though the "wall of leaves" is currently hiding the fact that there's nothing behind them ;).  Perhaps a little more color variation in the grass as well.

Stormlord, I actually intentionally desaturated the grass colors to try to match some reference photos and what I've seen in nature, but it's possible I've overdone it a bit.  I'll have to try some different versions when I have time, and see what a more lively version looks like.   :)  I like the idea of adding a few rocks as well.

Jo Kariboo

Excellent and very convincing !

pclavett

Excellent mixture of vegetation ! Truly beautiful work !