Titan Moon Study

Started by WAS, August 18, 2021, 05:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Just playing around. The winter storm was actually hard to get to look like photos I was referencing, so sort of gave up. Too much pollution from atmospheres.

It does have a mockup of the surface, just hidden by the dense atmosphere.

Dune

Can't tell if it's realistic but they look good.

WAS

I can't either as even true color photos on JPL vary in tonnage, and google was no better of course.  Lol

Many more are xrays etc to get through the thick atmosphere.

mhaze

Ariel DK

Yep, it's realistic for me, the terminator zone could be more adjust perhaps? In a photographic sense, at those distances this zones tents to vanishing in a subtle colored tint strip becoming immediately dark, or i also could be wrong due the nature of Titan's atmosphere...
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

WAS

I think the perfectly top-town position of the sun is creating more gradient of light across the terminator. It is very gradual in this shot.  I was going for something like this reference I've attached.

Interestingly, the terminator shadow seems inverted on Titan in that photo. Unless the ice storm is sinking the atmosphere some making it appear like that. Though it also is a composite so maybe there are errors introduced by different lighting spectrums composited.

Thanks for the feedback!