Highland

Started by aknight0, August 26, 2021, 05:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aknight0

Going for a 'Highlands by the Sea' vibe with this one.  I really like how the cliffs in the background are coming out.  The foreground needs some work, the vegetation still isn't quite right, and that path is ugly, but I think I'm done with it for now.  ::)

Highlands2.jpg

Dune

Indeed, cliffs are really nice. There's only one or two spikey bits on the left horizon. A simple shape mask there could eliminate them perhaps. Is the path done with your road.exe? As it's a flattish area, you might just use a warped simple shape, so you can add ruts (with 2 smaller masks, etc. I like the ruin too.
Perhaps also mask out the strata in the horizon mountain.

mhaze

Excellent work. I especially like the colours.

aknight0

I did indeed use my road script for this, though it was a pretty weak attempt.  I think it could look better with a little more work on the fading and warping of the edges, as well as the color and displacement of the actual path surface.  I agree though that for a case like this where you don't need much control over the specific route of the path a simple shape is more straightforward.

SILENCER

If you lower the sun and rake that light on the cliffs, you'll start to get some cool shadows