First play with World creator

Started by Balletdude, September 19, 2021, 08:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balletdude

Finally bought World creator, below is my first attempt at a terrain created with it. Do like the extra control and the ability to sculpt the terrain, though not that impressed with the texturing, I prefer to do it in terragen, though creating splat maps and making them into masks is quite useful. I have tried exporting simulation maps for erosion, but apparently I've not got enough memory for the size I'm doing so not sure if there's a work around. (If anyone can help let me know)
Anyway a quick render. 2 textures base colour on the mountains, and a sand surface layer (can never get the right colours for sand) created, with a power fractal with low feature settings to get more of a noise appearance

gao_jian11

I think that any bitmap texture in ps is incomparable with the procedural texture of tg. WC can help tg generate fast and customized basic terrain. Other details and textures must be completed in tg. This is the use The reason for tg. The bitmap textures exported by wc or gaea are used by game engines or software such as max and maya. It lacks precision and flexibility in the large-scale terrain landscape that tg excels at.

gao_jian11

This is an example of mine.WC is just a simple terrain.