ALPINE FLOWS

Started by pclavett, October 05, 2021, 09:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pclavett

The pandemic is hitting us hard here for the first time since it started...... yeah we had been doing well but then people got tired ! Lots of spare time as we cannot do anything right now ! What better time to restart doing a bit of Terragen ! This image was started with a World Creator terrain I created, then processed it further in Gaea and derived the image maps for flows etc... The project was an exercise in texture placement with data derived from the terrain generator. I will work this further and this is the first full test render ! Thanks for any suggestions or comments !

Dune

A really nice render. I like the flows of rock debris coming down the slopes. A little hard light, I'd say, but some cirrus or cloud may cast some light in the shadows.
And perhaps it's an idea to distinguish between young pioneer vegetation (on the debris zones), and older (or really old and big) tree stands/clumps on more secure grounds.
Looking forward to see this develop.

Hannes

Agree with Ulco. The boulders look too large to my taste. Otherwise a great image!

DocCharly65

Agree about the boulders, but I like the vegetation, the mood and the composition! Great render.