Dunes

Started by Dune, October 31, 2021, 02:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Testing some new maram grass, but it turned out a bit strange.

Hannes

Oh, that's nice. I like the soft lighting and mood, and I also like the dunes and the grass.
Only the horse looks a bit strange. The upper part is good, but the legs look somehow weird.

Dune

It should be okay. There are more images/photo's where the front legs are bent like this.

I was actually thinking of joking that he has 2 broken front legs and is propelled by centrifugal force :P

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on October 31, 2021, 07:21:55 AMI was actually thinking of joking that he has 2 broken front legs and is propelled by centrifugal force
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have to say, the legs on your rendering look a bit different from the "running horse" image.
I mean all in all it's no problem, but somehow it's catching my eyes.

DocCharly65

I agree in all points with Hannes. From the beauty to the horse.

I think one thing making the horses pose looking strange is that it's covered so deep be the high grass.
Maybe it will look less strange if you create a partly stony area with low  and less grass...

...or a horse rearing up on a larger rock?

Hannes

The rear part of the horse makes me think of Jennifer Lopez...

Dune

Hannes

Just an optical association.. ;)

WAS

I may steal this idea, this is absolutely beautiful imo. I also had an idea for dunes that I hadn't tried which this naturally gives me an excuse for. Especially after spending hours hating snow distribution in a st helens scene. Lol

Dune

Steal and post!

@Hannes; I saw that, but it's not a ponytail, but can well be a plume... ::)

mhaze

Very nice. Theres a series of early photos of a horse galloping - they look wierd too!

Kadri

Looks nice (yeah i read the thread :) ).