Rendering issues

Started by noahding1, December 27, 2021, 06:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahding1

Why does the rendering look different from the real-time window rendering? How to adjust?

Hannes

The RTP doesn't exactly show the same like the final result. I think Matt (or someone else) once decribed why, but I don't remember atm.

noahding1

Quote from: Hannes on December 27, 2021, 06:48:07 AMThe RTP doesn't exactly show the same like the final result. I think Matt (or someone else) once decribed why, but I don't remember atm.
Oh my god, the results I want are RTP results, is there any way?

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: noahding1 on December 27, 2021, 06:53:56 AM
Quote from: Hannes on December 27, 2021, 06:48:07 AMThe RTP doesn't exactly show the same like the final result. I think Matt (or someone else) once decribed why, but I don't remember atm.
Oh my god, the results I want are RTP results, is there any way?

I wanted the same thing awhile back and mentioned to Matt (the programmer & owner of Planetside) that it would be cool to have a RTP renderer option for final renders.  Matt seemed receptive to the idea, so hopefully it shows up in Terragen 5.  

We already have the standard renderer, and now the path tracer, so maybe the RTP could be a third render option when clicking on the "Render Image" or "Render All To Dick" Buttons.

Derek