A different take on dinosaurs.

Started by René, January 03, 2022, 11:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I like that he didn't put feathers on parts of an adult t-rex where we know there were none period (skin prints without quill pores)

WAS

I am fairly confident most dinosaurs did not have feathers. Only a select few small theropods in the line that turned into Aves, as some of these went on to fly, and some of them went on to just get big. Additionally with the skull structure and bone structure of the large theropods like Tyrannosaurus, feathers would be a limitation to cooling down at such massive sizes, similar to modern large birds have a quarter of the feathering of small birds, let alone even have downy (emus and ostrich), and they aren't nearly as big as what some of these theropods had, in much hotter and humid climates.

Dune

Cool ideas. My concern with huge dino's is that if they went for a stroll in the mud, they would probably sink very deep. This is probably no real mud :P

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 04, 2022, 03:03:27 AMCool ideas. My concern with huge dino's is that if they went for a stroll in the mud, they would probably sink very deep. This is probably no real mud :P
That's supposedly one of the advantages of their necks, cause this is very true, so they would stay away from banks that were muddy and use their neck. But I don't think they aren't as dumb as scientists say, and would pressure test the ground like elephants, as such large terrestrial migrators would need to cross rivers, flats, etc to get to new feeding grounds.