A new Terragen 2 project challenge?

Started by Sethren, December 17, 2007, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethren

zionner

Sethren

No one has to try at this. It was just an idea. More or less i was wanting to see if it is possible to have Gas Giants in Terragen perhaps using the strata node for large scale cloud bands? I have to look into this to see what is possible here.

zionner

I might give it a go when the school holidays start, so I wont have time to try it till Friday

nvseal

Quote from: Sethren on December 17, 2007, 04:18:22 PM
No one has to try at this. It was just an idea. More or less i was wanting to see if it is possible to have Gas Giants in Terragen perhaps using the strata node for large scale cloud bands? I have to look into this to see what is possible here.

I've been working on a gas giant. It's ony in its early stages right now. Nice idea for a challenge too.

Sethren

What i think would be hard is having several variations of cloud band types each with there own turbulence structure and colors along several layers of Latitude.

Oshyan

It's actually fairly easy to create gas giant cloud formations by stretching your cloud fractal along the planet's longitude. You can of course use multiple layers with different altitudes and colors, and even get some swirling patterns with the warping functions in the fractal. The results can be pretty good, although I was working on an Earth-sized planet and really it should have had a much larger atmosphere. It would be fun to see if you could actually pull off a Jupiter-sized planet with atmosphere all the way down.

- Oshyan

Sethren

That easy huh.  ;D
Well, i have not seen anyone do this yet so i guess i'll be one of the few. I have no idea how to go about the whole longitude part.