What a difference two years makes

Started by sboerner, January 29, 2022, 03:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sboerner

I've been taking some time to fix a few things that have bothered me in some old scenes, including replacing a few human figures here and there. Here are a couple of guys from the Deep Cut scene, old and new versions.

I've added ZBrush to my workflow, and replaced Substance with Mixer. The new tools really help. But hopefully this shows what a couple years of practice can do . . . I'm much happier with the new ones. Still much to learn! But pleased where this is heading.

WAS

Wow! Definitely looks improved. My only critique is maybe the engineer wouldn't have his pants hemmed. I know a lot of more lower class, and blue collar often did t have hemmed pants, so you get that gathered bit of pants at the ankle like in your old version.  The texture are leagues better imo to the mud, and leather. Great work.

Dune

Wonderful! The skin and folds of that guy's face are really great. Yes, ZB is a very valuable tool. The hairs you did are terrific too.

sboerner

Thanks. Hair is done in Blender. These are older models, so no rigging for the eyes and mouths. Future models should look better. Practice makes perfect . . .