Who would have thought?

Started by Hannes, February 25, 2022, 04:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I had the desire to make a sci fi scene (another one... ::) ). The Enterprise and the Imperial Star Destroyer weren't initially planned, but the ISS alone looked too normal.
It's actually one scene, but I rendered each part separately. The ISS, the Enterprise and the ISD were rendered with the path tracer, and the earth and the stars with the legacy renderer.
The separation gave me the possibility to give the Enterprise some motion blur in post.

Dune

Frightening moment for the 'inhabitants'. There's a enormous chance of collision in space anyway, I just read there's millions of little pieces speeding around the planet, and even the smallest flake can have the force of a bullet.

Hannes

I'm sure, Chekov can handle it! Not sure about Vader's navigator... ;)

Dune

WAS

Wicked. Lighting is awesome on the models. 

Hannes

pclavett

Really nice render ! One sun only or several lights for that nice lighting of the models ??? The atmo and cloud of the earth is superb ! Amazing work !

Hannes

Thank you!! Yes, it's one sun, but I confess, I used another trick. With the sun and the environment light the parts in the shadow were very dark. Probably physically correct, but I decided to take the artistic freedom to place an invisible large sphere which is slightly selfilluminated with a blueish color to make the dark parts a little brighter. The earth itself didn't reflect enough light.
As I said, I rendered the parts separately, so I only used this trick for the ships.

masonspappy

mhaze

mhaze

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on February 25, 2022, 05:48:23 AMI'm sure, Chekov can handle it! Not sure about Vader's navigator... ;)
Lol. Just caught this. Reminds me of the Star Wars spoof in Family Guy:

Quote from: Family Guy: Blue Harvest
  • Peter (Han Solo) : We'll be safe enough once we make the jump to hyperspace. Besides, I know a few maneuvers. We'll lose'em.
    [the Falcon starts listing lazily to the left] 
    Chris (Luke Skywalker) : Uh, that was your maneuver? Moving slightly to the left?
    Peter (Han Solo) : Well, I mean we're not in the same place we were, huh? That ought to confuse'em.
    Chris (Luke Skywalker) : Yeah, but you hardly did anything. You just started listing lazily to the left. I'm pretty sure they can keep up.
    Imperial Officer 1 : Where did they go?
    Imperial Officer 2 : There they are! They're listing lazily to the left. Go left, left!
    Imperial Officer 1 : Boy, this guy knows some maneuvers.

Hannes