obj import

Started by Balletdude, March 03, 2022, 06:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balletdude

I'm having issues with importing OBJs in to terragen files. It imports fine, except some parts are missing from the mesh. Attached are 2 images, 1 of the file imported into terragen and the second the same file imported into blender (this was the program I exported it from. If you look at the eye-stalk you will see the front and back faces of the rings on it are missing, but the edge is present. The edges and faces are part of the same mesh, if they weren't I would have thought maybe I didn't export that part, but since it is a section of 1 meh it's a bit confusing.As you can see it imports back into blender without any problems, the same with photoshop
Unfortunately i can't upload the obj file to here

Balletdude

addition scree shot of the file in Photoshop, again no issue

Hannes

It's always a good idea to run exported objs through Poseray and recalculate normals (under the Group tab). Maybe this helps.

Balletdude

Quote from: Hannes on March 03, 2022, 08:10:13 AMIt's always a good idea to run exported objs through Poseray and recalculate normals (under the Group tab). Maybe this helps.
I don't have poser, don't think it's available for Mac, but I've solved the issue. Seems I'd forgotten to subdivide the face, so they were basically giant ngons. did that and works perfectly now!!!

Hannes

Good that you solved it, but I didn't mean Poser, I meant PoseRay. It's a free and very versatile program.

Balletdude

sorry, autocorrect got me on that ha ha