The Wider Rockplains Of dandelicO

Started by dandelO, December 20, 2007, 04:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

The Earth there is dry.

The trees appear dead or dying, morebund, drawing their only moisture droplets from the early mist that will occaisionaly grace this Wasteland in the very early mornings. However, that is never really here nor there, being as there is no Sunset to speak of, this is as low as it's wont to get.

Yes, the moisture from the mist or, from the very pores of one such as you, who has found themselves to wake, sweating, upon these plains, confused and not just a little lost from your own world...

Those trees... they appear different somehow, shifted in geography, from my last visit here, and the stones, they seem somewhat more 'formed' than I recall, almost as if the vision I was seeing first time around was 'not quite right yet' ... Strange...

This image is all Terragen 2 unregistered and is a better (in my opinion) and bigger version of this one... http://www.terranuts.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=28686&catid=member&imageuser=6967

As usual, thanks for looking!

[attachimg=#]

Will

nice, though I think only one tree would be better as it would be a good hero object. just my opinion though.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

nvseal

Nice. I really like this one. I agree about using just one tree but I don't think the other trees really hurt the image.

FrankB

I like it a lot! It's simple, but that's part of what makes it so pleasant. I disagree with the others about the second tree. I think it belongs there.

Cheers,
Frank

rcallicotte

Thisi is nice.  Peaceful.  I would have liked more random rocks and stuff, but I think I'm getting spoiled with some of the extreme displacements we've seen.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

nice haunted feeling to this one...is possible try enabling ray tracing and you might get the rays from the tree.....also the foreground is looking real good...also the stars are a nice touch!...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Seth

very very good atmo and stones !!!
my only critic will be that "pyramide" on the right (background)

green_meklar

QuoteThis image is all Terragen 2 unregistered
Wait, then how did you get it to 1400X1080? I thought that was only possible with the registered version.
QuoteThis image is all Terragen 2 unregistered and is a better (in my opinion) and bigger version of this one... http://www.terranuts.com/photopost/s...hp?photo=28686
Um...your link is broken.
You know what's worse than not being able to do anything right or make anything good? Not being able to blame it on anyone but yourself.

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dandelO

Thanks everyone.

Just to clarify, it's 4 800x600 renders stitched together, then downsized to 1400x1080.

Yes, that link to the first attempt at this one is broken, here's one that isn't... http://dandel0.deviantart.com/art/Rock-Plains-of-dandelicO-63928195

Cheers! :)

green_meklar

QuoteJust to clarify, it's 4 800x600 renders stitched together
But if you actually use different renders for that, rather than just different crops, don't you end up with conflicting perspectives in different parts of the image?
You know what's worse than not being able to do anything right or make anything good? Not being able to blame it on anyone but yourself.

dandelO

Lol, yes.

That's why it's not 1600x1200. A very little work needed done on it though, because it's such an open wide scene it doesn't really make that big an impact.

Tangled-Universe

Awesome work. The way the contrast decreases in the distances gives a great sense of depth.
And like I said on renderosity I like the stones too.
Bad boy, cheating on rendersizes ;) *lol*

Martin

Marcos Silveira

Sorry but it's already my desktop wallpaper!!!!!
And I just can't stop looking at it, I imagine it's an earth millions of years in the future (cause of the moon distance), in a time where there's no mankind.