Cross-platform projects?

Started by rca06d, March 10, 2022, 02:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rca06d

I'm curious how well a project created on windows transfers to, say, a linux system? I haven't tried this, but it seems sort of like image map links at least would be broken. Is there a way to package up image maps with the project file, or reference them in such a way that they are cross platform? I'd kinda like to experiment with running terragen in the cloud, but that would be moving projects from a windows machine to linux for me, and I'm guessing that won't "just work". Anyone try this sort of thing?

WAS

This is what the Gather Project feature is for, which gathers all assets into a subfolder of a defined folder. All paths are than parsed to relative paths. This feature works fine for rendering on Linux, and have used it many times.

I also have made a default shader, image map shader, and light source editor app you can access online through NWDA's resource section under Terragen. Here you can easily edit all the paths in one page, no clicking through shaders. It is called the Defaultness editor.

rca06d

Ok awesome! I'll have to check that out!