Trigeminal neuralgia...what?

Started by Kadri, March 21, 2022, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

I wanted to share this because it could maybe help one or two people who are reading here around.

It was 3-5 years ago the first time i had a strange pain in my eyebrow when i washed and-or wiped my face with a towel.
It was like a needle puncture at first. I even searched if something was in the towel.

In time it got worse. The pain came randomly without doing anything.

The best way to describe it, think as if you hold electric cables to your eyebrow and switch the electric on.
It is really that bad.
It is described mostly as one of the worst pains known to medicine.

At first i did not know what it was. In time when it got worse i finely found it on the web.
It was the first time i heard about this disorder.

Trigeminal neuralgia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia

In the hospital it was verified what i thought it was and i began to use medicine.
It will be worse in time most probably (i still have pain but less) and the pills are having very bad side effects.

Some have the pain in other parts in their face (mine is around the right eyebrow-eye) and loose their teeth's unnecessarily until they know what they really have.

Hope this helps anyone although hopefully nobody gets something like this.

One ironic thing is that i am a bad smoker (3-4 packets a day...yeah). Now i try to smoke half or lower then that.
Because those damn pills i take loose their effectiveness if i smoke too much :-\ .

WAS

I had bells palsy when I was like 15 and that whole nerve system was lit up like a Christmas tree. Touching my face or moving it was excruciating. It resulted in half my face stroked out, and never made a totally full recovery. Now I am dealing with my abnormally deep roots of my teeth and the pain it's causing on the same nerve system. So I definitely feel for you with this sort of pain. It is so intense and strong.They will have to remove the sides of my jawbones to extract my teeth they are so deep. Which means doing a whole bunch at once cause they are worried about multiple jaw surgeries and complications/weakening of areas when attempting next surgery.

Kadri

I feel your pain :(

There are probably many other strange disorders we don't know.
I had not heard about bells palsy before too.
But i think what most people mean when talking about stroke is in some probably actually bells palsy.

Your definition about the face pain looks very much like the problem i have.
Even now with medication with every eye blink (really) it is like a small needle is stabbed in that part of my face.
But i don't care now because without medicine a normal life is really impossible.

One of the reason the last months i wasn't here around was this condition.
I didn't care anything, was depressed and frightened,
just thinking-waiting in horror when the next pain attack will come. 

For example i had gallstone and surgery, a very complicated appendicitis surgery etc.
But this damn disorder is the worst pain i had. I literally  screamed in the pain attacks.
I never did this before.
Your teeth problem and bells palsy is related to the same nerve as Trigeminal neuralgia.
Is the pain always present?

Hope you get a fast and easy recovery from that teeth problem Jordan.

WAS

I know what you mean with the apprehension to do anything due to the pain. I had appendicitis a lot growing up. But my appendix was slightly functional, so by the time I was in the hospital waiting around it would pass the infection and clear up. On my 24th birthday it flared so bad I couldn't stand or walk and was just in so much pain. 24 hours later they got me into surgery and removed it. It had again, passed the infection and debris, and was swelling was gone. They had me sign a release on the organ to send to UW for research. lol

I have a lot of weird stuff. I had free dental with UW as well even when we weren't in poverty because of my abnormal teeth. For example besides roots they were all very sharp besides front teeth. The centre canal on the molars are too deep and ridges too sharp, so grinding chewing results in fractured teeth. It's like my body thought I was supposed to be out there tearing flesh off animals and swallowing it whole. Lol

Kadri

Good that i take medicine or else i couldn't have laughed right now ;D

Dune

:'(  That's horrible, and I am so sorry, for both of you guys. What can I say, I feel helpless, but can only wish you strength and courage.

Hannes

Kadri

Thanks guys.

" I feel helpless, but can only wish you strength and courage " that is the same i feel always when someone writes his problems.

My reason to write it here was really to help anyone who happens to have the same symptoms.
The "not knowing" for the first years was an added frustration layer that was bad in itself.
After i found the reason i get rid of this at least...

I did not write about this in my Facebook page.
Don't know why. I feel here more connected and close probably :)
But i should write about this there too probably.

Dune

Quote from: Kadri on March 23, 2022, 05:46:43 AMDon't know why. I feel here more connected and close probably :)
But i should write about this there too probably.
That is very nice to hear. I understand this very well. But perhaps it's good to write on your FB (though I personlly hate FB), and meet some people who suffer the same. Good to write it 'off' and maybe get some ideas.