Remember to clear your render output cache...

Started by WAS, March 29, 2022, 03:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Just cleared 187gb of render cache. :o I hadn't cleaned it for like, well since I literally cleaned the PC last, 3 months ago. Was wondering why computer was locking up. Check "My Comptuter" and see my drive has just mbs left. Lol :-*

Dune

Where/how do you clear that cache? It's not the folders containing automatic outputs?

WAS

Yes, the folder TG has set for temp, all those numbers folders contain raw TIFF/EXR files that add up. Mine is set to D drive cause C for OS is only 250gb. 

Dune

Okay, that's easy. I have it sitting at a convenient location. I clean that all the time.

WAS

Yeah, I usually do to. But 3 months and that folder was huge. Things have been stressful here. 

I always like to keep them out of windows temp cause in the past every single PC I used TG on the temp folder would start corrupting and couldn't delete the areas, and then eventually couldn't even reformat the drive. My A10 is still running the bad HDD cause Im afraid if I go to reinstall windows it will just fail like my Xenon machine. 

Dune

I have it at E, which is my working partition. F is photography and stuff, G is finished projects, H is all 3D related.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on March 30, 2022, 01:56:25 AMI have it at E, which is my working partition. F is photography and stuff, G is finished projects, H is all 3D related.
Nice categorizing. My PC doesn't have much space internally. And I just recently lost 12.5 TB of external (just lot another HDD) hard drives to park messing without power all the time, without telling people. Apparently even off my PC pipes power through USB, thus while they were doing crap power was just going on and off on peripherals and probably surged the.