No More Render All To Disk

Started by WAS, March 29, 2022, 12:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Ok. So many times I try to get layer elements, but I accidentally hit just Render, cause that's what I normally do when previewing for hours/days/weeks...

Can we please just have one button? I mean, if you don't have extras checked, and location set, you don't get extras. So that should be enough to not get extras from the Render button, making the Render All To Disk kinda redundant.

This button makes me wastes sooo much time.

Dune

That's a good idea. I've requested an accompanying feature before; saving any pre-set element as a default when hitting render. Instead of alpha, which I never use, I'd like the depth pass always saved.

Hannes

Couldn't you just create a default (starting-) scene with the desired layers activated? Just a thought. I didn't try that, but I guess, it would be possible.

Dune

I guess so, but then you get WAS' problem, that I tend to hit render too, not render all to disk. I need a mindshift.

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on March 30, 2022, 04:59:59 AMCouldn't you just create a default (starting-) scene with the desired layers activated? Just a thought. I didn't try that, but I guess, it would be possible.

That is true, but doesn't translate to my over 100,000 (probably only 10% of that is the actual projects. Incremental saves) TGDs...

And yeah, like Ulco said, gotta really discipline myself when I want these elements, cause I'm just so used to Render, I use it probably 99% of the time, that 1% is that one time I need that huge final... and than I waste a huuuuge amount of time.