Aknight0's Horizon WIP

Started by aknight0, April 06, 2022, 10:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aknight0

Despite hanging around here for quite a while, I've never actually participated in one of these contests, so I'm rather excited to give it a try!  There's some daunting competition out there, but it should be fun nonetheless.  :)   

Putting up some concepts here, because it's more exciting when people share their work in progress. 

The foreground in this first one is a comp, but just trying some ideas. 

zaxxon

Hey, first one up!  There is definitely some potential for some vast distances with an implied mood of being alone in that immense vista.  Nice start - Good Luck!

Jo Kariboo

A very good idea that goes well with the theme !

Dune

Interesting start/exploration. It's fun indeed, makes you think and pull out all the wizz you have. Curious to see what comes up in due time.

aknight0

And another potential direction.  Still not sure if I want to do a sci-fi or something different...

WAS

That's a good direction. I love this already.

Hannes

Dune

Great sense of space (and horizon). Choice is immense, and that's really the fun part, can't wait to see what all you guys (and the others from other softwares) come up with.

zaxxon

I like that direction as well. The theme is VERY open-ended and I suspect that the less used definitions of 'Horizons' will have a few examples in some entries.  If anyone is looking for inspiration, looking at the Greek origins of the word 'Horizon' might just summon the Muse.

aknight0

Pay no attention to the silly trees, but here's another idea. 

WAS

Glad you mentioned the trees haha, I looked at the image first. I like the terrain formation. 

aknight0

I've been neglecting my WIP thread here and putting work into this picture instead, but I think I've finally settled on something I like.  More towards the "classic" horizon theme.  I'm thinking "Paths Untrodden" or something like that.

WAS

Definitely like this one a lot. Very much an improvement. I'm not sure why, though, but I feel like there should be a couple firewatch towers on the hills, maybe light sin them as something to distract in the horizon space.

Dune

Hannes

This is indeed way better. At least in my opinion. It already looks very moody and realistic.