Pondering the Horizon From my Treehouse

Started by masonspappy, June 03, 2022, 01:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

This will be my entry if I ever stop fiddling with it.

WAS

Nice composition, and idea. Maybe the environment could be a little brighter casting a little ambient light in?.

Hannes

Dune

Great idea. Two things that struck me most; the light on the shoes (where does it come from, looks like a spotlight from above), and the absence of light at the back of what I think is a fireplace (left corner). I don't think you need that many lights, though I do think most cast a believable sheen. But perhaps not those two.
And the face and hair of the guy need some work. If it's an old sod, like his beverage implies, he should have some wrinkles at least ;)

Hannes

Now that you mentioned it, Ulco...
I totally agree, and I see some unnatural lighting and shadows, where those candles in the lanterns are.
I suggest dividing the lanterns in three parts each (in a 3d app): the flame, the glass and the rest. If you put those into the scene at the same position make the glass and the flame (selfilluminating) not cast shadows and position a lightsource exactly where the flame is. This would make the lighting from these sources as natural as possible, I guess.

Doug

I like the wood planks. Where did you get the wood texture?

masonspappy

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I agree with your comments and trying to make changes to the image. Thank you!!
@Doug the wood texture is a composite of several wood textures, including a photograph from wood planks in my shed. Displacement and specular files created in Crazybump.

Doug

masonspappy

thanks

so now i got to go wandering around looking in sheds

masonspappy