Something BIG! **Updated**

Started by dhavalmistry, December 23, 2007, 07:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

this is just a WIP...I would like to get some comments about the surfacing on the secondary planet...

also I am working on the foreground colors...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

moodflow

Wow, thats a hellava view!!!   :o
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

Whoa, dh.  What a crazy awesome idea.  Please re-post when you're done.  This is like...cool.   8)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Awesome view, pretty scary  ;)
The (blown) clouds look very good and I also like the bumps on the (green?) planet.
But I think when those clouds are so clearly and detailed visible the planet's surfacing should also need that amount of detailing.
I think that part could use some work. I see you're already working on the main planet's surfacing.
I look forward to see your update on this one.

Martin

child@play

this is killer, awesome  :o

the secondary planet might look cool with some cracks, but everything else is amazing
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Seth

freat view ! very scary indeed !

Will

I bet thats one of those "oh shit" moments. neat idea.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dhavalmistry

Quote from: child@play on December 24, 2007, 06:21:13 AM
the secondary planet might look cool with some cracks, but everything else is amazing

I like that idea...I will try it....

dhavalmistry

I dont know if this is better or not than the first one but it took longer to render than the first one....

it also took me a while to get water to show up too...

believe me secondary planet is not as friendly as the primary....things over there dont work exactly as they do here on primary planet.....

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

rcallicotte

Funny, but I like the surreal aspect of the first one better somehow.  Perhaps, it just looks sort of almost real enough. 

What are the white spots?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Texturing on the 2nd planet in the new one is improved, but the white bits (water?) look odd. All in all a really cool idea and well executed.

- Oshyan

PG

Ah yeas, the dreaded white water bug. I kept getting this when I tried very complex water structures. Happened on my glass mountain render when I made a terrain out of the lake shader, and I also got lots of little ones in this one.
http://www.ashundar.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=12917&pos=2
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

dhavalmistry

PG

try increasing the seed to a 5 digit figure, it kinda fixed mine a little bit. Although I tried it on a new project and got a really weird look. :D gotta love TG's randomness. I'll upload it later.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures