The last path

Started by Hannes, June 18, 2022, 11:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This one started as a test for a free tree model I found in the web. Unfortunately I was so excited, that I didn't copy the URL I got it from. And I forgot it... :( I tried to find it again, but I didn't. >:(
I was so excited because this tree is actually not that detailed. But it looks like a very complex model. There is the trunk and the bigger branches that are real geometry, but the smaller branches and twigs are just somehow curvy billboards with image maps for color and opacity. I really like this idea! Maybe not for closeups, but for the mid distance it's fantastic! The textures were very low res, so I scaled them up using Topaz Labs Gigapixel AI and used Photoshop to draw some even thinner additional twigs.

I made a population to see how it looks as a group, added some fog and played with the sun's position. Afterwards I knew, there had to be some morbid romantic stuff in the scene, and that was it.

See you soon! I will be on a two weeks vacation trip to Greece on Tuesday. No computer, no tablet, just my cellphone! Looking forward to it... :) :) :)

Dune

Awesome! Have a good time!!

Hannes

pixelpusher636

This is master class! Absolutely love this render. Have fun in Greece you lucky dog 😀
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Hannes

Thanks a lot!!!! I know, I WILL have fun!! ;)

Dune

Btw. I occasionally do that as well, make trees with 'leaves' that can be replaced by branch textures. Very handy method to get complex (dead) trees.

masonspappy

Hannes that is a wonderful image!

Hannes

Stormlord

Just WOW, this image blows you away.
Fantastic Mood, colours and transfer of emotions. A real masterpiece Hannes!

STORMLORD

Hannes

Hannes

...and just for fun a daylight version. Not that dramatic, but initially I had planned to make this kind of image.

mhaze

pixelpusher636

Quote from: Hannes on June 19, 2022, 11:35:52 AM...and just for fun a daylight version. Not that dramatic, but initially I had planned to make this kind of image.
Still fantastic! Thanks for sharing "Mr. Greece Bound". 😀
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Hannes

KlausK

"The Prince of Darkness was out again to find that life giving elexir..."

Very cool!  8)
CHeers, Klaus

;D >>happy holydays<< ;D
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)