Projects not opening [Win11]

Started by WAS, June 25, 2022, 11:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Could be my DIMM issue, but I can't open any projects on Windows 11. Terragen just goes unresponsive and never recovers. Though I could use it just fine on Windows 10.

I am removing the bad DIMM today, to see how that goes with internet sharing and TG.

WAS

Ok. It seems to be the messed up RAM stick. It's opening projects now.

But it's being really slow... I'm running the benchmark now. It's not like the loss of one stick took me very low in RAM. In fact I have 16gb over the 8gb the PC came with that I initially tried the benchmark on when I got this thing.

Back then It was like about 14 and a half minutes.

Edit: So 16:24. I'm not on the new update, so it shouldn't be that. I'm thinking it's either performance loss in Windows 11, or the fact Ryzen CPUs have to emulate TPM, which is a constant thing. I've already read it can cause never-ending video and game stuttering, but I don't have those issues, thankfully on the 2600.

Dune

Perhaps win 11 hasn't crystalized out yet... as always, I'm reluctant to 'upgrade' again.

WAS

Yeah. It doesn't seem like a big impact with the benchmark, little over 1 and half minute added, but it was immediately noticeable opening up and rendering a asteroid with the procedural crater shader. Omg. x.x I had to just go down to MPD 0.1, and it still took quite awhile. Luckily it was just going through AI which would immediately interpret it very smooth without the polygon look.