[Req] Unconnected Shaders to be Grey?

Started by WAS, July 03, 2022, 03:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

So I am using TG on my MSI laptop, (main PC is just dying, I think, or both sticks of RAM are bad but only one showing bad in memtest), and I am not sure if I am just getting old, the screen is too small, or what, but I got frustrated with some changes not taking effect in my scene, only to realize I was messing with two disconnected shaders meant as settings backups for specific shaders, and not the shader I should have been editing.

Request: Maybe similar to how a shader that hasn't been edited since opening is a lighter colour, maybe unconnected shaders could be greyer, or half transparent? Just to make it obvious, the shader isn't actually doing anything at runtime.

Dune

That is actually quite a nice idea. I sometimes uncheck the masking from witin a surface shader to check stuff, but the connecting line is still present. I have to remember what I did. It might be good to have a question mark along that line until it's either disconnected (of course) or masking (or whatever link there is) checked again. Please don't make it red, as I still have a lot of trouble finding the little blocks of the crop rectangle in a busy preview. I wish those could be a color at choice too, btw.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 04, 2022, 02:15:56 AMThat is actually quite a nice idea. I sometimes uncheck the masking from witin a surface shader to check stuff, but the connecting line is still present. I have to remember what I did. It might be good to have a question mark along that line until it's either disconnected (of course) or masking (or whatever link there is) checked again. Please don't make it red, as I still have a lot of trouble finding the little blocks of the crop rectangle in a busy preview. I wish those could be a color at choice too, btw.
Oh gosh yes, no more red. Haha. I still wish we could select a different colour for important stuff too. 

Dune

It's a problem for some color blind people at least.