CloudSperiment

Started by Dune, July 27, 2022, 02:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Experimenting with cloud, just some doodles. Started out as a thundercloud test, hence the file name.

Balletdude

Very nice. I'm a sucker for nice cloud images

I've actually had something similar to the end one planed (shape wise) for a space piece I was thinking about. Just haven't gotten around to it.

simon

pixelpusher636

I definitely prefer the first image, very impressive work!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

Just trying to keep this forum alive (although I sometimes wonder why I bother to do so, as it almost seems a few-man show).

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on August 13, 2022, 01:57:13 AMJust trying to keep this forum alive (although I sometimes wonder why I bother to do so, as it almost seems a few-man show).
Indeed... :(

Anyway fantastic clouds!!!!

Stormlord

YES!
This is a very good looking cloud tower.

STORMLORD

KlausK

Ulco, can you elaborate a little about the setup of the last cloud, please?
That`s a beautiful cloud there over the hills!

ps: don`t wonder (few-man-show) - just go on posting ;D I am sure there are a lot of lurkers here who do not post their own stuff.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Thanks guys. But I'm afraid I can really only elaborate a little, as it is a setup given to me under NDA. I can only tell it's built up of spherical blobs in the sky, which you can place where you want (blue nodes). You may figure it out yourself 8) . This cloud consists of 6 blobs.

Yes, I think I will continue posting (at least until my 20,000th post), but it sometimes feels a little uneasy without much response. But I do value the few reactions - of the usual suspects ;), and of course stand firmly behind the software and its hopefully terrific future, so want to show what it's capable of!

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on August 14, 2022, 02:20:01 AMYes, I think I will continue posting (at least until my 20,000th post), but it sometimes feels a little uneasy without much response. But I do value the few reactions - of the usual suspects ;), and of course stand firmly behind the software and its hopefully terrific future, so want to show what it's capable of!
Great words, Ulco!!!! I totally agree.

zaxxon

I don't post much TG work here at this point, but I do follow the work and appreciate the camaraderie of this Forum.  Hopefully Matt can amaze us all with the next version and the user base will expand again.  :)

The last cloud formation is really fine Ulco, it also looks like it might be more 'art-directable' given your brief explanation.  What was the render time and is there any possibility that this technique will become available?
Also, nice scene to demo the cloud!

pixelpusher636

Quote from: Dune on August 13, 2022, 01:57:13 AMJust trying to keep this forum alive (although I sometimes wonder why I bother to do so, as it almost seems a few-man show).
Wow! This is spectacular Dune. 
I've wanted to create clouds like this since the image I seen in the mangroves at sunset (half sunk row boat) with grand clouds like this. Great work. 

Dune

It indeed is 'art-directable'; the clouds' appearance can be changed per blob, and the amount and size of blobs can be as large as one wants, fitting within a certain cloud range. It is a little fickle to work with, though. No click-and-render :P
I will try figure out what's going on.....

pixelpusher636

Quote from: Dune on August 16, 2022, 04:30:33 AMIt indeed is 'art-directable'; the clouds' appearance can be changed per blob, and the amount and size of blobs can be as large as one wants, fitting within a certain cloud range. It is a little fickle to work with, though. No click-and-render :P
I will try figure out what's going on.....
I can only hope looking at the beauty and realism in these cloud renders its part of TG beta clouds in some early form. I know, I know you can neither confirm nor deny. 😀 what ever  and whomever is at the head of this product they are on to something!

Dune

I got permission, so I'll post something in sharing soon.

mhaze