MidJourney

Started by aknight0, August 09, 2022, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aknight0

Have you seen MidJourney yet?  It's another AI image generator, but I am totally blown away by the step up in quality from what I've tried before.  I made this picture in about 5 minutes with the prompt "epic mountain scene in the style of Albert Bierstadt, very detailed".  It's unreal.  

Hannes

Holy crap! That looks amazing!

René

Yes it is incredible, and this category of software gets better and better with each passing month. Art direction may still be difficult, but that is also just a matter of time. I don't know where this is going, but I have noticed that illustrators, photographers and designers are starting to get worried. There are some who cling to the idea that an A.I. will never be able to understand humor and satire, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Balletdude

I was just about to post the same thing. As a Photographer, and artist it is slightly worrying when you look at the quality of the images. It may not have fully got faces yet, but it's getting there.
This is a landscape my prompt was Mountain landscape with lake and trees, in the style of Ansel Adams and Golden hour lighting

René

For those interested: this Facebook group has tons of AI generated images on a wide variety of topics, some are very good. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1895623370624892/media

Dune

Wow, some of these are really unbelievable.