Moon Eclipse setting

Started by bernardo, August 15, 2022, 10:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernardo

Hello to all Terragen fans. It has been about 2 days that I have been examining how to obtain a moon eclipse without finding satisfactory results. I even went through the various tutorials on YouTube and found nothing worthwhile. I downloaded some eclipse examples from this terrific forum but I couldn't create my own eclipse. So, here I am asking you the question of how an eclipse occurs. I want to clarify that I have tried a myriad of times but the result does not change. Below I post my TGD file in the hope that someone can help me. What I miss is how to hide the sun behind the moon but emitting a clear halo. Instead, the circle of the sun appears to me with the moon in the middle. Thanks in advance.

Dune

I actually never tried something like this, but did some experimentation. Nothing special came out, but at least some sort of halo. But I didn't manage to have it light up on one side of the planet/moon, like in reality. Someone else may have a brilliant idea, but here's my 2 cents.

You did have your fractal warp wrongly attached; it needs the first input to work, and some fractal as input. So I added a simple terrain again.

Hannes

Hi Bernardo,
I took a look at your file and made a few changes. First I reduced the sun's angular diameter, so that the visible sun disk is roughly the size of the moon as you see it. This produces the "string of pearls" at the edge of the sun. Additionally I faked the halo by giving the moon an atmosphere with extreme height settings, while the atmosphere's haze density is reduced.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on August 16, 2022, 04:25:47 AMBut I didn't manage to have it light up on one side of the planet/moon, like in reality.
I shifted the moon a bit and reduced the moon's atmosphere's height settings. I disabled your second sun (why a second sun?) to speed up the render.

bernardo

Tanks a lot for your help. I need gather information about it. Tanks again, I will see today your TGD files.

gao_jian11

Is this what you want? I found a rendering from eight years ago.

Dune

That's a cool render as well.

Hannes

bernardo

Quote from: gao_jian11 on August 16, 2022, 10:21:51 PMIs this what you want? I found a rendering from eight years ago.
Yes, gao_jian11, I search this kind of eclipse

gao_jian11

Here is the file, the posting has been lost.The position of the sun and moon is very delicate, and the sky lights up when it is slightly shifted.

bernardo

Tank you much gao_jian11 for your help.

bernardo

Your eclipse is fantastic but I have not been able to imitate it. Even in moving the moon and the sun, reducing the size of both, I was unable to do so. I tried to copy your parameters but got lost. On the moon's atmosphere card I put Haze exp height at 100,000. This is the final result. But exactly, what are the right parameters to use and their values? Thanks for your commitment.

Hannes

Well, actually who are you talking to now?

bernardo

I was talking about gao_jian11 job.