Camera in ViewPort not matching in Render

Started by shangu, September 19, 2022, 11:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shangu

Hi

I am new here, i feel happy to find so much ressources.
I work in automotive company for CG rendering with other renderers.
I really Like Terragen atmosphere, i was trying to render a simple importing a FBX camera from Maya.
Work fine, it is a frame by frame packshot,  the viewPort of the camera is good but the rendering moves slightly on the left in the perspective.
i place locators a obj and the rendering is moving the camera.

I don"t know how to solve, how to fix and bake ....  ( no motion blur )

thanks

guillaume

Kevin Kipper

Hi Guillaume,

It sounds like the FBX camera from Maya contains keyframes.  Try setting the motion channel's interpolation "Mode" to "Linear" under the Animation Panel; which you can bring up by pressing F7 on your keyboard, or from the Main Menu > View > Animation Panel.

shangu

Thanks Kevin

I try to set Linear manually on curves but it does not fix.
I have Position / Rotation / Focal keys, it is an animation but a packshot of views , i don't want any interpolation.
I am new with the animatiçon panel, i select keys and set menu Linear but nothing work.

i decide to create another camera and copy and paste from the FBX animated channels to the new one and it works !
BUT as soon as i set a keyframe i revert to a badly render !

How is it possible that viewport and RTP have a certain point of view and le rendering of the same camera and frame, a different ???
( I have a simple scene showing but i don't know how to attach. )

Very reproducable from Maya, create a Cube export it as OBJ  and a camera,  setkeyframe camera move it setkeyframe, linear curve, export it as FBX Yup
Import camera FBX default unit ok
import the Cube ( set as unit in the object Transforms once imported as cm and scale 0.1 0.1 0.1 )

now camera match cube, perfect, now play anim, ok , the viewport is fine.
then render frame 1 of the camera in Terragen ok, but frame 2 is slightly moving and bugged not corresponding to the viewport.

Kevin Kipper

Hi Guillaume,

Please send the Terragen project file to support@planetside.co.uk and I'll take a look at it.

Kevin

shangu

shangu

Last minute found something that might help

as rendering is calling motion camera, even OFF, the rendering is interpolating.
i set motion camera on a null value and it looks good in the rendering.
it is like if terragen was interpreting motion even if no motionblur is specified.