Terragen VDBs and C4D Octane (Again)

Started by BroBpony, October 25, 2022, 03:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BroBpony

Did another round of exporting TG clouds for a scene in Octane. Used the altocumulus clouds and found that a nice spot between export resolution and time-to-export on my pc was around 1300 million voxels.
Would be nice if the vdb export progress screen/bar could come back.
Final render came out pretty well, I also recently got a 3090 (I'm always a generation behind on hardware) so the render time was around 10 minutes.

Hannes

That looks mighty nice! Ten minutes sounds fantastic!!

BroBpony

Quote from: Hannes on October 25, 2022, 04:53:55 PMThat looks mighty nice! Ten minutes sounds fantastic!!
Thank you! indeed that short render time is a nice breath of fresh air, makes me excited for what I will be able to do next to push for more realism.

zaxxon

Really fine images!  The Octane Renderer is really excellent, a nice showcase for Terragen created clouds.

Dune

The light across the terrain is great, and especially the first clouds are cool. The terrain itself is probably an object, isn't it? Not procedural or heightmap.

BroBpony

Quote from: Dune on October 26, 2022, 02:34:02 AMThe light across the terrain is great, and especially the first clouds are cool. The terrain itself is probably an object, isn't it? Not procedural or heightmap.
Indeed the terrain is a mesh. it was created with World Creator 2 and Gaea.

Dune

Thought so. There are one or two locations where triangles are still visible.